Pages

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Mary Mackillop Centre

"What a beautiful view." I think to myself. I am having lunch with friends outside the Josephite sisters convent I can hear the birds chirping. The green grass is tickling my feet as I sit in the cooling shade of a tree. As I turn my head I see my school and think 'I am in a big school.' I stand up and the walk around the grass. The hot Friday sun is shining upon my face making me feel comfortable. 'What a great place to celebrate the school's 60th anniversary.' I think.

As I sit down I look across the splashing sea and see Mt. Rangitoto. It is as big as a giant. With it's big trees covering it everywhere like a blanket. Sailing the sea is a little boat with a white sail. The white sail is waving in the wind. "Hey Nita what are you looking at?" I hear my friend ask. I point to the little boat.

Whoosh, Whoosh, I hear the wind in my ears. I sit down in the cooling shade. As I devour my apple I taste the sweetness and juiciness.

My head turns and I see the nuns serving us drinks. ' They love being poor because they don't need to worry about their belongings'. Then I wonder 'Nuns are very lucky, I wonder if I will ever become a nun when I grow up?'

No comments:

Post a Comment